Monday, July 21, 2014

Shane Peterson Named Pacific Coast League Player Of The Week For Period July 14-20, 2014

Pacific Coast League
Shane Peterson, Sacramento
(.600/.625/1.400, 3 G, 9-for-15, 3 2B, 3 HR, 8 RBI, 1 BB, 2 K)
Even though he participated in Wednesday's Triple-A All-Star Game, Peterson returned from the break as refreshed as if he had taken it off. The left-handed outfielder had the first three-homer game of his career Thursday. Each of the three homers came in consecutive at-bats during the third, fifth and sixth innings and traveled the opposite way. "I felt like going into my [late] at-bats, I felt comfortable. Even though I didn't get a hit or anything, I felt good about those at-bats," he told MiLB.com. "To hit three home runs in a game, a lot of things have to go right, but I was doing a lot of things right in those last at-bats and just didn't get results. That's kind of how baseball is." Peterson finished off the week by going 6-for-10 with three doubles and four RBIs over the weekend. He owns a .320/.395/.468 slash line with eight homers and 65 RBIs in 97 games with the River Cats.

MiLB Official Site

No comments: