Thursday, May 22, 2008

Kevin Goldstein Of Baseball Prospectus Chat 5-21-08

Fred Bird (Scottsdale, Az): NOW, should Cardinals fans be concerned with Rasmus slow start?

Kevin Goldstein: I certainly think so -- I just wish there was a good explanation for what's going on there -- and I haven't gotten one yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
mattymatty (Philly, PA): Kevin, I know what spring training is, but what exactly is extended spring training?

Kevin Goldstein: It's exactly that. Some guys are hurt, some guys aren't ready yet, some guys don't have jobs yet because of the numbers game, so spring training complexes stay open and have workouts and practices and play games and all that good stuff well after all the cameras leave.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
wileecoyote121 (Larchmont, NY): Scott Boras: Sinner or Saint?

Kevin Goldstein: I don't get the hate for him at all. His job is to do the best for his client, and that's it. He is not responsible for controlling spending among major league teams. Tell me right now that if you had an 18-year-old kid who threw 99 mph that you wouldn't strongly consider having Boras as the representative.

Link

No comments: