Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kevin Goldstein Chat 8-13-08

MikeJordan23 (Brooklyn): I'll keep asking until you answer: With Brett Wallace hitting abilities but lack of position should the Cardinals trade him to the AL when he's eligible or find him a new position? And thoughts on Niko Vasquez?

Kevin Goldstein: Stop asking! You don't really worry about any sort of logjam until you are forced to. The Cardinals right now have a valuable commodity in their minor league system, but there is no reason to start making any decisions on it. Thoughts on Vasquez? I'm a big, big fan.

------------------------------------------------------------
Jason Motte (Memphis): Would my one-pitch repetoire hold up in the Majors right now?

Kevin Goldstein: Seriously, what's up with all the Jason Motte questions? Is there a fan club or something? I love the guy, gotta give it up for any converted catcher who has 97 whiffs in 58.2 innings at Triple-A. That said, I think he'd get righties out right now, but his arm angle and lack of secondary stuff would give him trouble against lefties.

Baseball Prospectus

No comments:

Post a Comment