Friday, February 1, 2008

Baseball Prospectus' Kevin Goldstein's Chat Jan. 31, 2008

Kevin (St Louis): Why do you see Bruce as a better prospect than Rasmus? I understand that Bruce had success at a higher level and may win a batting title in the bigs, but he probably won't stick in CF and Colby has more power and speed. Could you compare the two?

Kevin Goldstein: I would argue that Bruce has a touch more power potential, while also being a better pure hitter than Rasmus, by a decent margin.

--------------------------------------------------------------
M50 (Hawaii): Did Jaime Garcia's shutdown due to elbow problems keep him off this list? A lefty under 21 who strikes out twice as many batters as he walks looks awfully good. What else is holding Garcia back?

Kevin Goldstein: The elbow issues did scare him JUST barely off the top 100 for me.

------------------------------------------------------------
STEVE (St. Louis, MO): KLAW WAS HIGH ON MITCH BOGGS. DO YOU LIKE HIM? WAS HE CLOSE TO CRACKING YOUR LIST?

Kevin Goldstein: I LIKE MITCH BOGGS. BUT NOT AS MUCH AS KLAW. HE WAS NOT CLOSE TO MAKING THE TOP 100. OVER AND OUT.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/chat/chat.php?chatId=423

No comments: